Certifying income for mortgages

According to HMRC, agents can now print off a client’s tax calculation from its website to support mortgage applications. But is this really the case ?

The problem is that the SA 302s are difficult to get hold of, as HMRC will only automatically issue them when a paper tax return has been submitted. As most agents submit TR’s on-line no SA302s will be issued automatically. The agent has to ring HMRC – and we all know how long that can take !
There have been some impractical attempts at a solution but the best one remains for the client has to call HMRC, sorry but we are really still no further forward. However, in some cases if you state that you need the form urgently they will be able to fax it over to you the same day.

<< Go back to the previous page

Taxation Solutions
  • Corporation Tax
  • Self Assessment
  • Personal Tax
  • VAT
  • HMRC Investigations
Employment Solutions
  • Payroll Bureau Services
  • RTI Compliance
  • CIS Scheme
  • PAYE year-end submissions
  • Pension - Auto Enrolment
  • P11D completions
Accountancy Solutions
  • Annual Accounts
  • Management Accounts
  • Start up advice
Management Solutions
  • Bookkeeping
  • IT systems (Kashflow)
  • Company Secretarial
  • Business Plans & Cashflow Forecasting